The Chair activities focus on:
- Research and Development (R&D), carried out in the framework of several national and international projects.
- Education and training, aimed at promoting of knowledge, capacity building and dissemination by means of a new master's degree, as well as several conferences, workshops, seminaries, webinars and lectures.
- Contribution to risk reduction policies and Cooperation with UNESCO chairs and networks.
- Protection of Cultural Heritage threatened by geo-hydrological hazard through several national and international missions, in collaboration with UNESCO and official partners.
- Networking and International exchanges through the involvement in several international consortia on landslide risk reduction, the organization of the World Forum on Landslides and several bilateral agreements.